The City is in the process of developing an East Sunrise Improvements Master Plan
. This important project focuses on our original neighborhoods: the area from University Drive east to the eastern City limits (including both sides of University Drive), and from Oakland Park Boulevard south to Sunrise Boulevard.
In order to initiate improvements – including enhancements to the local business climate, and to your shopping and dining experience – we need your input.
Please take a few moments to complete our online survey, which is available in three languages:
The Master Plan Process
The East Sunrise Improvements Master Plan document will show east Sunrise as it is, recommend how it should exist in the future, and suggest specific strategies about how to achieve that future. It will help create a more vibrant, healthy and sustainable community and improve citizens’ quality of life by identifying:
- appropriate locations for commercial, residential, and mixed-use development;
- opportunities to extend and/or enhance open space, recreational areas, and civic facilities;
- strategies for increasing economic development, private investment, and improving neighborhood aesthetics;
- opportunities to improve connectivity between pedestrians, bicycles, buses, and cars; and
- environmental, historic, and cultural resources that need conservation.
The Sunrise City Commission and City staff are committed to involving residents, business owners, civic leaders, and other stakeholders in the creation of the Master Plan.
for more information about this important initiative, and to stay updated about meetings and other opportunities to participate. Residents may also call (954) 746-3288.