The City of Sunrise hosts the Lyrical Lounge, a popular series of open mic nights for teens. Each Lyrical Lounge takes place from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Sunrise Civic Center Art Gallery (10610 West Oakland Park Boulevard, Sunrise 33351), which provides a creative backdrop for the students on stage. Admission is free, and light refreshments are served.
We'll host a Lyrical Lounge on these upcoming Fridays:
- May 12, 2017
- July 14, 2017
- September 15, 2017
Poets, singers, musicians, comedians, actors and other talented teens are invited to perform at all Lyrical Lounge events. For more information, call (954) 747-4662 or email email@example.com.
The Lyrical Lounge is presented in collaboration with the Jason Taylor Foundation and the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network.
Bus Route Information
The Sunrise Civic Center is served by Broward County Transit Route 72, which travels along Oakland Park Boulevard. Connect to Route 72 from the following routes at their Oakland Park Boulevard intersection.
- Route 18 – 441 and Oakland Park Boulevard
- Route 2 – University Drive and Oakland Park Boulevard
- Route 88 – Pine Island and Oakland Park Boulevard
- Route 31 – Lyons Rd./Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and Oakland Park Boulevard
- Route 11 – NW 21st Avenue and Oakland Park Boulevard (also connects at Galt Ocean Mile)
- Route 60 – Andrews Avenue and Oakland Park Boulevard
- Route 50 – Wilton Manors Drive and Oakland Park Boulevard
- Route 36 and Route 55 – Connects at Galt Ocean Mile
- Route 20 – US1 and Oakland Park Boulevard
In addition, Route 72 goes to Sawgrass Mills mall, which is also serviced by Route 22, Route 23 and Route 36. Connections can be made to/from these routes at the mall.