This PDF contains the instructions, registration form and waiver necessary for summer camp:
How to Complete a Registration Form:
- Submission for the summer camp placement lottery ends Friday, April 7, 2017. Registrations received by April 7 will be randomly selected and assigned a camp location according to choices selected on the registration form.
- Forms received after April 7 will be processed in the order they are received, space permitting.
- Completed registration forms must be received by Friday, April 7 at 5:30 pm in the Leisure Services office to be included in the lottery.
- Assignment lottery begins Monday, April 10, for Sunrise residents.
- Dates and locations subject to change based upon School Board approval.
- Assignment lottery is open to Sunrise Residents and Non-Residents with children who attend a Broward County Public School located in Sunrise. However, you must include proof of attendance at that school verifying enrollment for the fall.
- Registration for Non-Residents begins Monday, April 24, in the Leisure Services office or through the mail in registration system, space permitting. Any Non-Resident registration forms received prior this date will be returned via mail.
- Registration verification is unavailable by phone until after Monday, April 24.
- Selection of more than one camp choice is HIGHLY recommended, in the event a school site becomes unavailable for summer camp use.
- Space in our program is limited.
- Online registration IS NOT available for Summer Camp.
A Complete Registration Includes:
- Go to the registration form located in the back of the Horizons magazine or download the registration packet posted at the top of this webpage.
- Completely fill out the information located at the top of the registration form.
- Completely fill out participant’s name, date of birth, current grade, age, and gender.
- Select three camp choices (using school/facility name and activity #) and list them in order of preference. (It is very important that you list three choices, as our camp programs are popular and fill up quickly.) If your first three choices have reached maximum enrollment before your registration is processed, we will place you on waiting lists for those three sites only and return your payment.
- Completely fill out emergency contact information.
- Parent or legal guardian must sign waiver on the back of registration form.
- Complete credit card information or attach payment with registration form.
- Do not include other program registrations with summer camp applications.
- No online or faxed registrations will be accepted for summer camp.
- Fully completed registration form (incomplete registrations will not be processed until all information is received).
- Proof of residency (current utility bill, current lease/mortgage statement, or Sunrise BCPS report card will be the only forms accepted).
- Check or money order made payable to the City of Sunrise, or credit card information. (Registrations without form of payment will not be processed).
- Copy of each participant’s birth certificate (even if you’ve submitted a copy in the past).
- Mail or bring your completed registration form, proof of residency, full payment, and participant’s birth certificate in a plain white envelope to:
Attention: Camp Registration
Sunrise Leisure Services Department, 2nd Floor
10610 West Oakland Park Boulevard Sunrise, FL 33351
- Submission for the lottery ends Friday, April 7.
- Only one household’s registration form per envelope will be permitted. (Exception: If you have more children in your household than registration lines on the form, please use an additional form and send them in the same envelope.)
- Do not include other registrations with summer camp applications.
In order to expedite the registration process, and allow families to secure childcare in a timely manner, we will only offer one site transfer per participant (i.e. one call to offer a transfer to a first or second choice OR one call to enroll you from off of the waiting list for your first, second or third choice).
Waiting List Information
If you receive a call to transfer or get in a site, you will have three working days to notify us of your decision and/or make your payment or the offer will be extended to the next person on the waiting list.
Summer Camp Overview
Children will experience the best in summer sports, swimming, arts and crafts, and more at our super summer camps. Each camp session features weekly field trips and something for every age group.
Children with a flair for drama should try our special Theater Camp. Theater camp includes script read-throughs, choreography and music, in order to take center stage for their final performance. Includes swimming and field trips!
Children entering kindergarten in the fall are invited to join us for our Adventurous Beginners Camp. This camp is specifically designed for those youngsters who are turning five on or before September 1, 2017. Our specially trained staff will work to ensure your child has a safe and fun-filled summer.
Children who love to explore how things work will love our Science and Discovery Camp. This fun, innovative and exciting program will focus on science and technology.
We will be having a recreational sports camp for children ages 8 to15. These camps will be held at Sunrise Athletic Complex and Flamingo Park. Please see below for the specific age groups at each site. These programs will have different program segments; each will focus on skill development and games in each sport. Sports equipment will be required, by the camper, to participate in certain sports.
Each camper will receive an official summer camp t-shirt. Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks daily. Extra t-shirts can be purchased for $7 each after June 19 at the Leisure Services Office.
All camps are staffed by counselors’ ages 16 and older, and an adult supervises each site. Each staff member is trained by the Department of Leisure Services on camp protocol, safety, and recreational programming.
Parents and campers are encouraged to attend an informational meet and greet with the 2017 Summer Camp staff on Thursday, June 15, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
All camps take place weekdays, June 19 to August 11
. (No camp on Tuesday, July 4). All dates and locations are subject to Broward County School Board approval. Camp hours are 7:30 am to 6:00 pm.
A late fee will be assessed if children are picked up after 6:00 pm.
Summer Camp Full-Day Fees
Sunrise Resident: $525
Fees are for the entire eight-week session. Students who attend Sunrise schools are eligible for the resident rate.
Family Discounts for Sunrise Residents
Each additional family member who registers for the same camp program receives a discount, on a sliding scale. For example, participant #1 pays full price, participant #2 pays 10% less, participant #3 pays 15% less than full price, etc.
Camp Locations and Activity Numbers
Adventurous Beginners Camp
Ages 4-5 (Child must be entering kindergarten in Fall of 2017. Age 5 by September 1, 2017.)
Welleby Park: #120401A
Ages 5-10 or Grades K-5
Banyan Elementary: #120401B
Discovery Elementary: #120401D
Nob Hill Elementary: #120401N
Sandpiper Elementary: #120401SP
Sawgrass Elementary: #120401SG
Science and Discovery Camp
Ages 7-10 or Entering Grades 1-5
Horizon Elementary School: #120401H
Middle School Camps
(Children entering middle school in Fall 2017should attend middle school camp)
Piper High School
Piper Junior Varsity (Age 11 or entering Grade 6): #120401PJ
Piper Varsity (Ages 12-15 or entering Grades 7-9): #120401PV
Sunrise Civic Center
Lower (Ages 9-10): #120401TL
Upper (Ages 11-15): #120401TU
Sunrise Athletic Complex (Ages 8-10): #120401SC
Flamingo Park (Ages 11-15): #120401F
Summer Mini Camp
Dates & Times: August 14 to 18, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Fees: $150/Sunrise Resident, $200/ Non-Resident
Location: Sunrise Civic Center
Ages 5-10 years: Activity # 120402A
Ages 11-15 years: Activity # 120402B